How to challenge a parking ticket

If you receive a penalty charge notice which you feel is unfair you can challenge it. If you do so within 14 days of receiving the notice, you may qualify for a 50 per cent reduction.

Submit a challenge or representation online

Submit a challenge or representation in writing

To challenge a parking ticket write to:
Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
PO Box 4294
Worthing,  BN13 1WW

If you do not pay the notice within 28 days, you will receive a document called a ‘Notice to owner’ explaining how to make a formal representation, or pay the full penalty charge.

If we decide a notice is valid and you disagree, you can appeal to the Parking Appeals Service. An independent adjudicator will then review your case and his or her decision will be final.

If we clamp or remove your vehicle and you feel it is unfair, you can make a representation within 28 days of paying the release fees. You may do this by writing to:

The Clamp and Removal Team
Compliance Services
PO Box 4294
Worthing BN13 1WW

Please note: you must do this within 28 days of paying for the release fees.