Documents needed to prove you live in the Royal Borough

To prove you live in the Royal Borough you must provide two items from the following list:

  • Council Tax Registration (we can check this you do not have to send a document)
  • Valid driving licence
  • Current council or housing trust rent statement
  • Valid Home Contents Insurance policy
  • Benefits or pension statement for current financial year
  • Firearms certificate
  • Tenancy agreement (not handwritten and valid for the full life of the permit)
  • Current bank or building society statement (showing address and dated within the past three months)

Accredited diplomats may use a letter from their embassy as one of their proofs of residency

Live-in staff may use a contract of employment as one of their proofs of residency

All documents must clearly show your name and your address in the Royal Borough.