Information for landlords and letting agents

There are various different types of assistance available for landlords in the Royal Borough. The Council can help landlords participate in our landlord accreditation scheme and provide information and advice.


Does your property need to be adapted for a disabled person? Has your boiler fallen into disrepair? Would you like central heating installed in place of a less efficient system?  If the answer is yes, the Council may be able to help: grants.

Landlord accreditation scheme

This scheme aims to improve and maintain standards across the Royal Borough’s private rented sector: landlord accreditation scheme.

Housing association leasing schemes

The Housing Association Leasing Scheme (HALS) offers homeowners the opportunity to place their properties into a leasing scheme with a housing association: housing association leasing schemes.

Private Licence Agreement (PLA) Scheme

This guaranteed rent scheme offers homeowners the opportunity to place their self-contained properties into a leasing scheme with housing associations and private letting agents: PLA Scheme.

Information for letting agents

We currently work with a number of letting agents who manage accommodation on our behalf both in and out of the borough: information for letting agents

Single homeless voucher scheme

This scheme is designed to help single, homeless people who are not in full-time employment to find accommodation in the private rented sector: single homeless voucher scheme