Helping you to move

More in helping  you to move

Mutual Exchange Scheme

This scheme is for people who are already housing association or Council tenants and want to swap their property with another tenant. This could be because they want a larger or smaller property or wish to move to another area.

Mobility Transfer Scheme

This scheme helps to make sure that the people living in ground floor properties are the people who need them most. Find out who is eligible and how it works.

HomeStart Scheme

The HomeStart Scheme helps people to move out of London. As all the social housing outside of London will be allocated to tenants already living in those areas, the scheme helps people to move into private rented accommodation.

Under-occupation Scheme

If you have spare bedrooms in your property, which you no longer need, the Under-occupation Scheme could help you with a move.


The Council's Housing Opportunities Team aims to advise on and help to resolve overcrowding. There are many families in the borough who are overcrowded and waiting for larger properties.

Moving home

Moving house is both exciting and daunting. We have put together this simple guide of things to do before moving to make sure it is as stress-free as possible.