Private renting

There is great demand for rented property in the Royal Borough, and rents can be very high. These pages offer advice on looking for rented accommodation, and suggestions on where to look, as well as ways the Council can help tenants in the private rented sector.

Debt advice

If you would like advice or information regarding debt, here you will find some agencies that may be able to help you.

Deposit protection scheme

All deposits (for rent up to £25,000 per annum) taken by landlords and agents for assured shorthold tenancies in England and Wales have had to be protected by an authorised tenancy deposit scheme.

Energy performance certificate

All new tenancies require an Energy Performance Certificate. This should be provided by your landlord.

Finding rented accommodation

Tips to help you avoid disappointment while looking for rented accommodation in the Royal Borough, and advice on how to stay safe.

Housing advice services

Kensington and Chelsea has many voluntary organisations and charities, which can provide you with independent housing advice, in addition to that provided by the Council.

Private rented access scheme

This scheme provides financial help to help homeless households move into accommodation in the private rented sector.

Tenancy relations service

The Tenancy Relations Service is provided by the Council for the benefit of private sector landlords, tenants and leaseholders. It aims to promote good relations between landlords and tenants and to encourage good practice in the rental sector.