Avondale Park is the next park to be improved in accordance with
the Ten Year Parks Strategy. Results of public consultation
showed that residents would most like to see improvements made to
the toilets and changing rooms as well as the now
outdated children's playground.
The consultation report can be viewed by clicking the link
So far we have:
- installed a new children's playground
- improved the lighting for the Multi-use Games Area
- removed the dog run and installed dog toilets
- removed internal railings to allow better use of the space
- extended the wildlife area
In the coming months we will be improving the new wildlife area
with the creation of wildflower meadows and a wildlife garden.
We will also be improving the entrance signs and providing
interpretation about the parks history and wildlife both on site
and on these web pages.