To return to the previous page press the 'Back' button in your browser.
Low's blue plaque outside Melbury Court
Melbury Court on Kensington High Street, next to the former Commonwealth Institute, was built in 1928. The cartoonist Sir David Low, best known for his creation Colonel Blimp, moved here in 1963. Low regarded himself as 'a nuisance dedicated to sanity'. A keen film buff he was a regular at the Kensington Odeon conveniently located just across the road from his flat. During his 50 year career he produced over 14,00 cartoons, most of which are held at the Centre for Cartoons and Caricature based at the University of Kent.
Copyright: John Rogers
Every effort has been made to seek permission to reproduce those images whose copyright does not reside with The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, and we are grateful to the individuals and institutions who have assisted in this task. Any omissions are entirely unintentional, and the details should be addressed to Virtual Museum Team, The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.