Help to claim Universal Credit
Universal Credit is only paid from the date you claim; it is not backdated.
When you claim Universal Credit, you should have the following with you:
- your postcode
- your National Insurance number
- details of the account that you want Universal Credit paid into. This can be a bank, building society or credit union
- your rent agreement (if you have one)
- details of your savings or other money
- details of any income that is not from work, for example an insurance plan
- details of any other benefits you get
Please note that you need to have a mobile phone and an email account to claim Universal Credit.
You can get help to claim Universal Credit at:
- Fulham Jobcentre, 1 to 7 Waterford Road, London SW6 2DL
- North Kensington Jobcentre, 302 Kensal Road, London W10 5BL
- Citizens Advice