There are several ways to make a claim for benefits.
Please note: If you live in the W14, or SW3, SW5, SW7 or SW10 postcode areas, you can no longer make a claim for Housing Benefit unless you:
- are Pension Age, or
- you live in supported accommodation
If you live in these postcode areas and neither of these apply to you, you should claim Universal Credit to get help with housing costs. To claim Council Tax reduction, please call the Council's Benefits Service on 020 7361 3006. You can also download and print a Council Tax Reduction claim form.
Otherwise, the quickest way to apply for benefits is by completing this online Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction application form a Weightless Document Format (WDF).
If you are unable to complete the form online, you can:
- email us at: email@example.com to request a form - make sure you include your name and address
- phone and ask for a form: 020 7361 3006 - if you would like advice on completing the form call us and we can phone you back so you don't have to worry about your phone bill
- visit us and see someone from the New Claims Team - you can make an appointment or just call at the Town Hall, Hornton Street, W8 7NX (opening times 8.30 to 5pm Monday to Friday)
- request a visit (if you have a special need, for example, if you are elderly or disabled you can request a home visit)