There are several ways to make a claim for benefits.
Please note: If you live in the W14, or SW3, SW5, SW7 or SW10 postcode areas, you can no longer make a claim for Housing Benefit unless you:
- are Pension Age, or
- you live in supported accommodation, or
you live in temporary accommodation (you have been housed by the Council in temporary accommodation because you were homeless)
If you live in these postcode areas and none of these apply to you, you should claim Universal Credit to get help with housing costs.
The quickest way to claim for benefits is by completing the online Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefit application form. You can also retrieve a previously saved form.
If you are unable to complete the form online, you can:
- email us at: email@example.com to request a paper copy, but make sure you include your name and address
- phone and ask for a paper copy on 020 7361 3006. If you would like advice on completing the form call us and we can phone you back so you don't have to worry about your phone bill.
- visit us and see someone from the New Claims Team You can make an appointment or just call at the Town Hall, Hornton Street, W8 7NX (opening times 8.30 to 5pm Monday to Friday).
- request a visit (if you have a special need. For example, if you are elderly or disabled you can request a home visit.