Frequently asked questions
Here are our most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about recycling and rubbish.
- What do I do if it's my rubbish collection day and the dustmen haven't been?
- What will the collection crew take/not take?
- What can I recycle?
- What happens to my recycling?
- Why recycle?
- Why can't some items be recycled?
- Does the Council supply dustbins?
- Where can I recycle batteries?
- Where can I recycle cooking oil?
- Which are my rubbish collection days?
- How do I get my garden waste collected?
- Rats and the recycling and rubbish collection
Why don't you deliver recycling bags directly to my flat?We are unable to deliver to individual flats within a block or house. We leave bags for the whole house in the hallway or communal entrance.
Why aren't bags regularly delivered to my building?If you live in a shared building, it could be that some residents in the building have taken more than one pack of bags, leaving some of their neighbours without bags.
What should I do if I live in a managed block?For managed blocks, we normally leave a supply of recycling bags with site staff. Check with your site manager or concierge for recycling bags.
I frequently run out of recycling bags. How can I get more on a regular basis?For larger households, we can deliver an additional pack of bags with each delivery. If you would like an additional pack please use the online order form.
I have more recycling bags than I need. How can I stop bag deliveries temporarily while I use them up?Please phone Streetline on 020 7361 3001.