Death and bereavement
There are a number of services available to help in the event of the death of a loved one
- Cemeteries Service - the Cemeteries Division aims to provide a sensitive and a caring service to users of the Royal Borough of Kensington's two cemeteries.
- Child Bereavement UK - supports families and educates professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement
- Child Death Helpline - helpline offering confidential support and befriending to anyone affected by the death of a child, teenager or young adult.
- Cruse: Bereavement Care - bereavement support.
- The Death Notification Service is an established private sector free service which allows you to notify a number of institutions including banks of a person's death, at the same time.
- Lifeledger is a digital solution to death notifications. They can send all your notifications of a death to lots of different companies from banks and insurers, to pension providers and utilities, all from one place, and free of charge. And, they will also plant a tree for you every time a death is registered with them.
- Notting Hill Bereavement Support Service - a small Christian group of trained volunteers offering support and understanding to anyone experiencing the pain of bereavement.
- Sue Ryder - provides care and support for people living with terminal illnesses and neurological conditions, as well as individuals who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
- I need to register a death - what should I do now?
- See also gov.uk - the government site about Life Events.