E-learning training courses
Free e-learning courses
The Council, in partnership with Highfield e-learning is offering free e-learning courses for those who are:
- 18 years old or over,
- an unemployed resident of Kensington and Chelsea or;
- an employee of food banks in Kensington and Chelsea or;
- an employee or owner of restaurants, cafes or small catering businesses in Kensington and Chelsea.
There are a wide range of online training courses available. The Council has a long-standing relationship with Highfield e-learning. For that reason, they are our recommended training provider for health and safety courses.
To sign-up for a course;
- visit Highfield e-learning’s website.
- view the details of the available courses and select the one you wish to take.
- pay for the training course.
The courses are self-directed. This means that there are no live sessions, and you can complete them at your own pace.
Who are these courses for?
These courses are for learners who simply need an awareness of health and safety rules at a particular level. They do not substitute a formal qualification.
- Food handlers preparing or cooking food for consumers
- Businesses looking to provide staff development to food employees
- Self-employed, food-based small business owners
- Anyone wishing to refresh previously learned skills and knowledge
Which courses are available?
Subjects available include:
- Food Safety - Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Health and Safety Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Introduction to Allergens
- Calorie Labelling (FREE course)
- First Aid at Work
- Fire Safety
- Customer Service
- Personal Licence Holders
- Safeguarding Children
- Stress Management
- Mental Health & Well-being
- Environmental Awareness
- And many more
Information about the contents of each course can be found on Highfield e-learning’s website.
How much do the courses cost?
The pricing for these courses is as follows:
- Short courses are £10 per person per course.
- Level 2 e-learning courses cost £20 per person.
- Level 3 e-learning courses cost £145 per person.
For certain courses the pricing is as follows:
- Spectator Safety - £145 per person.
- Understanding Stewardship at Spectator Events- £110 per person.
- Warehouse and Storage awareness- £80 per person.
- Care Certificate (individual standards)- £35 per person, for all 15 standards.
How are they assessed?
Most courses are assessed through multiple choice questions provided at the end of the learning. Please see individual course details for more information.
Other available training
Free allergen management training for food businesses
The Chartered Trading Standards Institute have produced free online training videos. They are available in 13 languages on YouTube.
Other food allergen resources they provide in 13 languages are:
- a food allergen poster
- information about food allergy and intolerance
- legal requirements
- how to manage allergens
- how to be a responsible business.
- detailed information about the 14 allergens that food businesses must declare as being used as an ingredient in their food.
Mental health in the workplace
If you run or work in a small business, MIND UK has an excellent on line resource for you, together with a free e-learning course about mental health in workplaces.
Last updated: 10 February 2023