Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- food safety and hygiene hazards
- temperature control
- refrigeration, chilling and cold holding
- cooking, hot holding and reheating
- food handling
- principles of safe food storage
- food premises and equipment
Qualify at Home
You can also study and qualify for this course at home. See the Qualify at Home page for details.
All food handlers working in a catering environment. This course is only available in English.
Duration and course dates
- duration: one day
- 2020 dates: 3 and 19 November 2020; 2 and 8 December 2020
- 2021 dates: 22 January; 15 and 19 February; 9 March; 20 April; 20 May; 16 June; 6 July; 5 August; 15 September; 21 October; 15 November; 8 December 2021
(additional courses may be run as open or on-site sessions, depending on demand)
within the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea: residents, volunteers, businesses with less than 25 employees, community support groups: £20 per person (no further discounts)
outside the Royal Borough, and businesses of over 25 employees in the borough: £69 per person (ask about discounts)
Multiple-choice question examination.
The awarding body for this course is Highfield Qualifications.