- Health and Safety Training
- Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace Awareness
- Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Level 2 Award in Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Level 2 Award in Understanding Infection Prevention and Control in Health and Care Settings
Health and Safety Training
Employers have a legal obligation to ensure that employees of all level are suitably trained in health and safety. This is to ensure that they have the correct systems in place to maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
Our courses will contribute to the promotion of a safety culture, making both employers and employees aware of their own responsibilities.
We offer taught qualification courses, and e-learning programmes which will give you a similar level of knowledge but not a formal qualification. See the E-learning page.
Qualification certificates are not legally required, but they may help with your due diligence defence. Achieving a Health and Safety qualification will help entry into employment, enhance promotion opportunities, and assist all business operators in proving that they have displayed diligence and are compliant with the law. Level 3 is suitable for managers and supervisors, whereas Level 2 is suitable for other food handlers and staff.
- visit the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) website for further information
- watch the 'Why Health and Safety matters' video on the HSE website
Which Health and Safety Levels?
Level 1 - ensures that employees from all sectors are equipped with a knowledge of basic safety at work to enable them to work safely and protect their health at work. Suitable for new employees or low risk activities. Not a prerequisite for Level 2 entry.
Level 2 – ensures that an employer is aware of the hazards and controls associated with the types of work they undertake. Level 1 not required as prerequisite. Not suitable for managers or supervisors.
Level 3 – ensures that supervisors and managers are aware of the legislation applicable to health and safety and how to communicate the required standards to employees.
Qualify at Home
In partnership with Highfield Qualifications, Kensington and Chelsea is offering a new way of learning which will help learners gain a nationally recognised qualification whilst studying at home or at work. Visit the Qualify at Home page for further information.