Public Health Training Service
We run nationally recognised qualification courses which can help individuals improve their chances of employment, enhance promotion prospects, and ensure that employers have knowledgeable staff to help keep their businesses safe and compliant.
Training can take place on-site subject to criteria. E-learning programmes are available for those who need an awareness.
You may be eligible for reduced fees if you are a community of business support group located in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, arranging training for your service users who live, work or volunteer in the borough. See the Community Engagement Training Initiatives page for further information on the initiative and eligibility criteria.
We can help your business or organisation with courses that lead to qualifications in the following subjects:
- Food Safety
- Food Allergen Control
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Fire Safety
- Health and Safety
- Personal Licence Holders
- Customer Service
Select any of the subjects above to view course dates for that subject. All course dates are subject to change.
- Details about the awarding body for qualifications leading to the above (where relevant) can be found on the Highfield Qualifications website.
- Please note that courses may be subject to change, postponement or cancellation. Additional courses may be added depending upon demand. Please ask.
- We can offer training in your premises anywhere in London and the South East (subject to certain conditions).
- If you would like information to be sent in the post to you please telephone 020 7361 3002 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our courses
- fees include materials and the examination
- exam re-sit fees may apply
- lunch is not provided
- VAT is not applicable
- fees may change at the discretion of the Council
- please ask about block bookings and discount offers
- the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea reserves the right to amend, cancel, or postpone this offer at short notice
where courses are run outside London the trainers overnight accommodation and traveling expenses will be added to your invoice
Book a course Call 020 7361 3002 or complete the enquiry form to make a course booking.
If you are paying by card, we accept MasterCard and Visa credit cards and Switch, Solo, Visa Electron, Delta and Maestro debit cards. We do not accept American Express. Please call Environmental Healthline at 020 7361 3002.
Invoices must be settled within 30 days or before the course start date (whichever date is sooner).
Certificates and course results will not be issued until payment is received.
Download payment policy [PDF] (file size 61Kb)
From 1 October 2019, open courses will no longer be run in the Council Offices at Pembroke Road due to major refurbishment of the whole building. Until a new venue is identified, on-site training will only be available if you have six to eight (depending on the course) or more candidates for a particular course. If there is demand for an open course then efforts will be made to book a venue in another of the Council’s buildings. Once the projects are completed then details of the venue will be posted here.
On-site or in-house courses:
To book training to be held on your premises a minimum of eight learners are required for Level 1 and 2 courses, and for Level 3 or 4 courses a minimum of six learners are required.
You need to be able to provide:
- a laptop or PC
- a digital projector
- a screen
- flip charts
- DVD playing facility with speakers
- sufficient tables and chairs for both trainer and candidates (preferably not boardroom style)
- pens, pencils, erasers, paper and board markers
- Cancellations or postponements made by individuals or organisations more than 14 days before the scheduled course must be made in writing and may be transferred to an alternative course date or given a refund (the exception will be made on production of a medical certificate signed by a hospital or general practitioner).
- Any request to transfer the candidate(s) on to a similar level course on an alternative date must be made in writing at least 14 days in advance of the course.
- Cancellations or non-attendance made less than 14 days before or on the day of the course will not receive a refund.
- The Council reserves the right to postpone, amend or cancel scheduled courses at short notice. Where a cancellation is made by the Council, refunds for fees already paid will be arranged. The Council will not pay for any other expenses incurred by the customers.
Course Disclaimer The Council’s courses and training interventions do not constitute compulsory attendance or training solely provided by the Council. The Council reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule any of its courses. The fees charged are to cover the cost of administration, examinations, materials and delivery of training, and not for profit. The Council reserves the right to amend the advertised course fees.
If you attend any of the Council’s training sessions it will not exempt you from being served with any legal notices in connection with current EC or UK food safety, health and safety or other legislation should a contravention be identified in your business or by your staff. Nor will attendance of the training courses provide you with a guarantee that the Council will not take criminal prosecution action against you, should such action be considered necessary. Ensuring compliance with the legislation is your responsibility.
If you have a question about training courses it may be answered on the Frequently asked questions page.