The Royal Borough can help you and your business with a range of regulated qualification courses. These are run as open courses near Earl’s Court. In addition, on-site training may be provided no matter where you are located (subject to criteria).
We can help your business with award-winning training on Food Safety and Health and Safety:
- Food Safety training
- Health and Safety training
- Allergen Control training
- HACCP training
- Fire Safety training
- Personal Licence Holders training
- Customer Service Training
Please note that courses may be subject to change, postponement or cancellation. Additional courses may be added depending upon demand. Please ask.
We can offer training at the Council Offices, 37 Pembroke Road, London W8 6PW or in your premises anywhere in London and the South East (subject to certain conditions).
If you would like information to be sent in the post to you please telephone 020 7361 3002 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About our courses
- fees include materials and the examination
- exam re-sit fees may apply
- lunch is not provided
- VAT is not applicable
- fees may change at the discretion of the Council
- please ask about block bookings and discount offers
- the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea reserves the right to amend, cancel, or postpone this offer at short notice
where courses are run outside London the trainers overnight accommodation and traveling expenses will be added to your invoice
Book a course Call 020 7361 3002 or complete the enquiry form to make a course booking.
If you are paying by card, we accept MasterCard and Visa credit cards and Switch, Solo, Visa Electron, Delta and Maestro debit cards. We do not accept American Express. Please call Environmental Healthline at 020 7361 3002.
Invoices must be settled within 30 days or before the course start date (whichever date is sooner).
Certificates and course results will not be issued until payment is received.
Download payment policy [PDF] (file size 61Kb)
- Cancellations or postponements made by individuals or organisations more than 14 days before the scheduled course must be made in writing and may be transferred to an alternative course date or given a refund (the exception will be made on production of a medical certificate signed by a hospital or general practitioner).
- Any request to transfer the candidate(s) on to a similar level course on an alternative date must be made in writing at least 14 days in advance of the course.
- Cancellations or non-attendance made less than 14 days before or on the day of the course will not receive a refund.
- The Council reserves the right to postpone, amend or cancel scheduled courses at short notice. Where a cancellation is made by the Council, refunds for fees already paid will be arranged. The Council will not pay for any other expenses incurred by the customers.
Open courses: The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Public Health Training Centre is in Room A on the ground floor of the Council Offices at 37 Pembroke Road, London W8 6PW. Please ensure that you and your colleagues know where to attend and at what time.
Please note that car parking is not available.
- Earl’s Court (District, Piccadilly lines) – Exit tube via Warwick Road
- Kensington Olympia (District line and Overground trains)
- 328, C1, C3 (Directly to Pembroke Road)
- 9, 10 (Along Kensington High Street and 8 min walk)
- 74 (Along West Cromwell Road and 2 min walk)
On-site or in-house courses: if you would like training to be held on your premises the minimum number of candidates is between six to eight, and a maximum of 12 to 15 depending upon the course. You will need to provide the following:
- a laptop or PC
- a digital Projector
- a screen
- flip charts
- DVD playing facility with speakers
- sufficient tables and chairs for both trainer and candidates (preferably not boardroom style)
- pens, pencils, erasers, paper and board markers
Download a map of Pembroke Road training venue
Course Disclaimer The Council’s courses and training interventions do not constitute compulsory attendance or training solely provided by the Council. The Council reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule any of its courses. The fees charged are to cover the cost of administration, examinations, materials and delivery of training, and not for profit. The Council reserves the right to amend the advertised course fees.
If you attend any of the Council’s training sessions it will not exempt you from being served with any legal notices in connection with current EC or UK food safety, health and safety or other legislation should a contravention be identified in your business or by your staff. Nor will attendance of the training courses provide you with a guarantee that the Council will not take criminal prosecution action against you, should such action be considered necessary. Ensuring compliance with the legislation is your responsibility.
If you have a question about training courses it may be answered on the Frequently asked questions page.