Community Engagement - Training Initiatives
Reduced fees available for Communities and Business Support Organisations in The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
The Public Health Training Service is supporting the Council’s strategic community engagement objective by using training as a means to reduce incidents of food poisoning and workplace accidents, and making a positive contribution to enforcement by improving environmental and public health.
The Service is able to provide Ofqual regulated Levels 1 or 2 qualifications’ courses for individuals seeking personal development, or as a means of entry into employment or volunteering, and to understand their obligations at work or when helping others. The courses may even to improve promotion prospects. The Levels 2,3 and 4 qualifications courses will help independent or new business operators and volunteer managers to understand what they need to do to be compliant. The awarding organisation is Highfield Qualifications.
Bookings can only be made by your organisation on behalf of your service users, but not made directly by individual service users. The users must live, volunteer or work in the borough. Offer is not available to private sector employers with more than 250 employees.
You will need to:
- book a training venue such as the Council’s premises, or in your chosen premises
- provide the following in the venue: drinking water, refreshments, lectern, tables and chairs for both the trainer and learners, laptop, projector, screen, three to four flipcharts, speakers, pens, paper, pencils and erasers, and board markers
The Service at does not provide lunch at any venue.
Number of learners per course must be more than eight and no more than 16. These sessions may consist of users of more than one organisation, or purely for users of a single organisation.
Course materials, delivery, and the examinations are only available in English. Special consideration and reasonable adjustments maybe (subject to arrangements) arranged for oral exams, extra time, use of paper dictionaries etc.
|Award Level||Subject||Duration||Fee per person|
|1||Food Safety in Catering||half day||£20|
|1||Health and Safety in the Workplace||half day||£20|
|1||Fire Safety Awareness||half day||£20|
|2||Control of Substances Hazardous to Health||half day||£20|
|2||Food Allergen Awareness and Control in Catering||half day||£20|
|2||Food Safety in Catering||one day||£20|
|2||Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points in Catering*||one day||£20|
|2||Healthy Food and Special Diets||one day||£20|
|2||Health and Safety in the Workplace||one day||£20|
|2||Customer Service||one day||£20|
|2||Personal Licence Holder||one day||£20|
|2||Principles of Fire Safety||one day||£20|
|3||Food Allergen Management in Catering||one day||£35|
|3||Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points in Catering*||one day||£35|
|3||Food Safety in Catering*||three days||£65|
|3||Health and Safety in the Workplace||three days||£65|
|4||Managing Food Safety in Catering*||five and a half days||£120|
|non-award||Food Safety Awareness/ refresher (no exam)||2 hours||£20|
|*pre-requisites apply - please ask|
Level 1 - ensures that learners are equipped with a knowledge of basic subject matter to enable them to work safely. Multiple-choice exam. Not required to progress to level 2.
Level 2 – ensures that a learner is aware of the hazards and controls associated with the type of work they undertake. Level 1 is not a pre-requisite. Multiple-choice exam.
Level 3 – ensures that supervisors/managers are aware of the legislation applicable to safety and how to communicate the required standards to employees. Certain Level 3 Awards have entry-level pre-requisites. Multiple-choice exam.
Level 4 - ensures that managers are aware of the procedures and standards required to ensure safe food is served at all times and that due diligence is taken. Pre-requisite entry requirements apply. Multiple-choice and written examination.
- The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea reserves the right to increase fees, and to postpone, reschedule or cancel courses at short notice at no cost to the Council.
- This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other discounts or offers promoted by the Public Health Training Service.
- This offer only applies to community and business organisations within the borough and to their respective service users who work or live in the borough. Courses are run subject to availability of a trainer.
Learning hours for qualification courses (excluding breaks)
- Level 1 half day - up to four hours
- Level 2 half day – up to four hours
- Level 2 whole day - up to 7 hours
- Level 3 one day – up to 7 hours
- Level 3 three days – up to 7 hours per day
- Level 4 five and a half days - up to 7 hours per whole day
Making a booking
Arrange an on-site meeting to discuss course planning, dates for the remainder of 2019 or all of 2020, number of learners per course, and the venue.
Please contact Euan MacAuslan (Senior Training Advisor), Public Health Training Service, by e-mail at email@example.com
Public Health Training Service, Environmental Health Department
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
37 Pembroke Road
London W8 6PW
- telephone: 020 7361 3002
- course information: www.rbkc.gov.uk/publichealthtraining