Level 2 Award in Healthy Food and Special Diets
- good basic understanding of nutrition principles and terminology
- understand the requirements of a balanced diet and its positive effect on health
- identify differing needs, allergies and food intolerances
- appreciate that different groups of people require different diets to suit their lifestyle
- knowledge of the requirements of the current legislation
- understand the impact of food processing and manufacturing on the nutritional content of foods
- appreciate the importance of accurate nutritional information being available on food products
All employees in catering environments involved in the selection of menus, recipes and ingredients. It is also relevant for those in the health care and education sectors.
Duration and course dates
- 19 May 2020; 28 October 2020
- in your premises: standard £62; concessions £58
- open courses: standard £67; concessions £58
Multiple-choice question examination.
The awarding body for this course is the Highfield Qualifications