Food sites in Portobello Road market are much sought after. Most of the sites designated for food in the markets are currently occupied by permanent traders. Although most are licensed for six day trading, they may not trade on certain weekdays, giving a misleading impression of vacancies.
You cannot trade in food as a casual trader. The only way to get a food site is apply to have your name added to the waiting list. When a food site becomes vacant it is first offered to existing traders who wish to transfer. After this process, any remaining food sites are offered to potential traders on the waiting list.
The waiting list for Portobello Road is currently closed due to the high demand and lack of vacancies.
We currently have an extensive waiting list for sites on Golborne Road and will not consider traders wishing to sell goods that are already widely available from the stalls or shops on Golborne Road. If you would like to sell something that is not already available please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply to the waiting list.
For both markets, please send a written application to:The Street Trading Section
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
The Council Offices
37 Pembroke Road
London W8 6PW
or email us at: email@example.com
Include as much information as possible about what you want to sell and how it can be sold. If you possess the following food hygiene and safety qualification, please send a photocopy to the Street Trading Section:
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Level 2 Food Safety (Studied online)
- evidence that you have undertaken an equivalent or a higher level of food safety training (such as Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering, or Level 3 in Food Safety)
Please note: No street trading licence can be issued without these minimum qualifications, or their equivalents.
- no further catering vehicles or trailers of any description are accepted in either market
- no food licences can be issued for any other street in the Borough
- it is illegal to trade or display goods for sale on any part of the Public Highway without a Street Trading Licence
- please do not write to us requesting permission to trade or grant a licence on private property