Street Trading Charter
- Ensure there will always be Officers available during street trading hours to help traders and members of the public to feel comfortable in the Markets environment.
- Provide a quality and courteous service which satisfies the traders and members of the public.
- Uphold the London Local Authorities Act 1990 and the Standard Conditions for street trading in a fair and sensitive manner.
- Seek the assistance of the Metropolitan Police in relation to assistance in dealing with unlicensed street trading in the Borough and make use of their advice.
We will provide:
- An environment that is suitable for traders to conduct their business with the least hindrance.
- A prompt response to all request from the traders for assistance that will enable them to carry out on their business with the minimum delay.
- Sensible supervision of the Standard Conditions for street trading ensuring compliance by all street traders.
- Positive monitoring, the frequency and standards of cleansing in the Markets by the Council's contractors.
- The ability for the local community to enjoy the use of the Markets in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- A speedy address to all complaints from the traders and members of the public by following them through a satisfactory conclusion with fairness and courtesy.
- An ability to enlist the expertise of other Council departments to resolve any problems that are not within the street trading mandate.
- Close co-operation with the Metropolitan Police and other agencies as and when it is necessary to do so.
- Maintenance of a service that provides quality and value for money.
- Effectively agree and allocate the take up of vacancies with minimum delay and utmost fairness.
Who to contact if you have a complaint:
First visit the The Street Trading Office and speak to one of the street trading officers. He/she will try and deal with your complaint there and then.
If you are not satisfied that your complaint has been properly dealt with, you can write to, or telephone the Markets Manager at:
The Street Trading Office
72 Tavistock Road
London W11 1AN
Telephone: 020 7361 3001
You can help us by:
- Providing accurate information.
- Registering your complaint promptly.