Chelsea Gallery is a beautiful exhibition space in the Chelsea Library on the King's Road.
If you are an amateur or professional artist, or a collector, you can hire the gallery to sell or exhibit your work independently.
Current and upcoming exhibitions
Monday 14 to Friday 18 October 2019
Find a Way artworks by Youngsun Park
Monday 12 to Sunday 18 August 2019
The main gallery features:
- four glass display cabinets
- a clip-rail system for hanging framed pictures and paintings on the walls
There is lots of natural daylight and we can provide extra lighting for the cabinets and clip rails.
Floor plan of Chelsea Gallery [PDF] (file size 22Kb)
There is extra space available for hire which is used as the library display space. It is not available for hire separately.
The gallery is available for hire throughout the year except on bank holidays.
Gallery bookings run from Monday to Monday:
- closing exhibitions are taken down between 9.30am and 11am
- new exhibitions are set up from 11am to 7pm
You can book a private view evening from 5 to 8pm on a Wednesday during the period of hire.
There is a separate charge for this to cover portering staff and security for the library while it's closed.
Private views are strictly for invited guests. The general public won't be admitted.
Exhibitors and visitors have access to the gallery:
- Monday: 9.30am to 8pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am to 8pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am to 5pm, private views: 5 to 8pm
- Thursday: 9.30am to 8pm
- Friday: 9.30am to 5pm
- Saturday: 9.30am to 5pm
- Sunday: 1 to 5pm
|Duration of hire||Cost||Concessionary cost*|
|Extra space (one week**)||£105||£95|
|Extra space (two weeks**)||£145||£130|
|Private view (Wednesday evening only)||£155||(no discount)|
* If you live in the borough or you are a local organisation you may qualify for concessionary rates.
** The extra space can be hired for the additional charge if it's not being used by the library.
Make a booking
If you want to hire the gallery, contact us first to check availabilty:
- telephone 020 7361 4073
- or email ChelseaGalleryHire@rbkc.gov.uk
If the space is available:
- complete the application form
- send the form with a cheque made payable to The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea to Gallery Bookings, Chelsea Reference Library, Old Town Hall, King's Road, London SW3 5EZ
You will find the application form on the last page of our booking terms and conditions:
terms and conditions [PDF] (file size 40Kb)