Covid-19 Residents’ Survey Results
About the consultation
We launched a survey for residents to have their say on the effect of Coronavirus on their lives. The survey ran for six weeks during July and August.
We did this because we wanted to understand how your life has been affected and the things you need to build a better future.
We will continue to work with you to make sure we address these needs over the coming months.
We received 623 responses to the survey so thank you.
You told us
Your main Covid-19 concerns
- 46% Contracting the virus
- 22% Mental health and wellbeing
- 21% Financial situation
How you received information during the pandemic
- 34% Council website
- 29% enewsletters
- 27% Covid-19 Hub
- 61% of residents felt informed by the Council
How you played your part
- 47% Supported friends, family or neighbours
- 14% Volunteered
More than 60% of those who volunteered would do so again
How Covid-19 affected your finances
- 28% Significantly worse off
- 20% Slightly worse off
Your employment priorities
- 19% Support finding opportunities
Your economic priorities
- 50% want vulnerable residents and priority groups to receive extra support
- 40% want support for businesses, shops and visitor attractions
Your environmental priorities
- 57% improving air quality
- 54% reducing waste and increasing recycling
- 35% responding to climate emergency and becoming carbon neutral
COVID-19 Residents' Survey results