- First World War Victoria Cross Awards
- George Thomas Dorrell VC M.B.E.
- Commemoration Service for George Thomas Dorrell
- Richard Bell Davies VC
- Commemoration for Richard Bell Davies VC
- Humphrey Firman, V.C., R.N.
- Commemoration Service for Humphrey Firman VC
- Julian Gribble VC
- Commemoration Service for Julian Gribble VC
- Victor Crutchley VC, D.S.C., R.N.
- Rowland Bourke VC, D.S.O., R.N.V.R.
- Commemoration Service for Rowland Bourke VC and Victor Crutchley VC
- The Zeebrugge Raids
On Friday 5 September the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea stopped and took time to reflect on local First World War hero, George Dorrell VC MBE.
A ceremony was held at Kensington War Memorial which attracted passersby who looked on as a special paving stone was unveiled to commemorate George Dorrell’s act of valour on 1 September 1914 at the battle of Nery, France, for which he received a Victoria Cross.
Guests included members of the Dorrell family, Sergeant Johnson Beharry VC and Lord Ahmad, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the Department for Communities and Local Government.
The Mayor of the Royal Borough, Cllr Maighread Condon-Simmonds, said: “I was honoured to be able to lead the borough’s ceremony to remember George Dorrell’s heroism and service to his country during the First World War.”