- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Residents booklet: Helping you through the COVID-19 Pandemic
- COVID-19 Hub and support for vulnerable residents
- Support with food and other essentials
- COVID-19: Support for businesses and the self-employed
- COVID-19: Volunteering and how you can help the community
- COVID-19: Domestic abuse support
- COVID-19: Benefits service
- COVID-19: Bins and recycling
- COVID-19: Births, deaths and registrar services
- COVID-19: Children, Education and School closures
- COVID-19: Council and Committee Meetings
- COVID-19: Grenfell Response and Recovery
- COVID-19: Health and Social Care
- COVID-19: Housing and homelessness
- COVID-19: Leisure and culture
- COVID-19: Libraries
- COVID-19: Noise and Nuisance and the local environment
- COVID-19: Parking, permits and streets
- COVID-19: Paying your Council Tax
- COVID-19: Community updates enewsletter
- COVID-19: Faith group updates
- COVID-19: Planning and Building Control
- COVID-19 related scams
- Covid-19 Hub Privacy Notice
Information about waste collection and street cleaning services
Residential rubbish and recycling collections
- Residential waste and recycling collections are currently running as normal.
- Garden waste collection service is currently running as normal.
Food waste collection service is currently running as normal.
Our Too Big for the Bin Service is now taking bookings. Our officers will not be able to enter your home and waste will be collected from outside your property.
Household waste recycling centres at Smugglers Way and Cringle Street will reopen from Monday 11 May, with restrictions in place.
You should only visit if you cannot store your waste at home without a risk of injury or risk to health.
Opening times have been changed and you will only be able to visit on certain days, depending on your vehicle registration number to make sure that everyone can stay 2 metres apart.
If you are visiting by car, you will be able to bring only garden waste and general refuse (this is rubbish you would normally place in your household rubbish bags).
You are advised to wear gloves for your own protection.
Full information and opening times are available on the Western Riverside Waste Authority website.
Commercial waste and street cleaning
- Commercial waste collections are currently running as normal.
- Street cleansing services are currently running as normal.
- Council officers will not be searching waste bags left out at the wrong time or wrong day for the foreseeable future.
- Do not attempt to collect recycling bags from any of our collection points - wait for your next delivery or if that is not possible call Streetline on tel: 020 7361 3001.
- TRAID is not operating the home collection service for unwanted electric and electrical equipment and textiles.