- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- COVID-19 Hub
- COVID-19: Help with shopping and food
- COVID-19: Support for businesses and the self-employed
- COVID-19: Guidance for operating your business
- COVID-19: Volunteering and how you can help the community
- COVID-19: Domestic abuse support
- COVID-19: Benefits service
- COVID-19: Bins and recycling
- COVID-19: Births, deaths and registrar services
- COVID-19: Children, education and returning to school
- COVID-19: Council and Committee Meetings
- COVID-19: Grenfell Response and Recovery
- COVID-19: Health and Social Care
- COVID-19: Housing and homelessness
- COVID-19: Leisure and culture
- COVID-19: Testing and Tracing for Coronavirus
- COVID-19: Libraries
- COVID-19: Noise and Nuisance and the local environment
- COVID-19: Parking, permits and streets
- COVID-19: Paying your Council Tax
- COVID-19: Community centres
- COVID-19: Faith group updates
- COVID-19: Planning and Building Control
- COVID-19: Related scams
- Covid-19: Hub Privacy Notice
Information about waste collection and street cleaning services
Residential rubbish and recycling collections
- Residential waste and recycling collections are currently running as normal.
- Garden waste collection service is currently running as normal.
Food waste collection service is currently running as normal.
Our Too Big for the Bin (bulky household waste) collection service is currently suspended due to Covid-19 until further notice.
From Thursday, 5 November, TRAID will not be operating its home collection service for unwanted small to medium-sized electricals and textiles. TRAID textile banks will remain open for residents to drop off unwanted clothes.
Household waste recycling centres at Smugglers Way and Cringle Street are now open and operating their usual opening hours.
You are advised to wear gloves for your own protection and to stay two metres from others.
Full information and opening times are available on the Western Riverside Waste Authority website.
Commercial waste and street cleaning
- Commercial waste collections are currently running as normal.
- Street cleansing services are currently running as normal.
- Council officers will not be searching waste bags left out at the wrong time or wrong day for the foreseeable future.
- Do not attempt to collect recycling bags from any of our collection points - wait for your next delivery or if that is not possible call Streetline on tel: 020 7361 3001.