- Register to vote
- Annual Canvass 2020
- Invitation to Register FAQs
- Who can register to vote
- Voting by post or proxy
- Voting registration forms in other languages
- Proof of identity
- Anonymous registration
- Adults with learning disabilities
- Movers and renters
- New to UK
- Transient renters and communal residences
- Young adults or 16-17 year-olds
- Public inspection of the full Register of Electors
- Registering to vote FAQs
- Privacy Notice for Electoral Services
- Further information
- Contact Electoral Services
Moved home recently? Make sure you’re still registered to vote.
If you have moved home recently, you may need to re-register in order to vote.
What do I need to do?
- If you weren’t registered previously, you can register under the new system.
- Include your previous address when completing the online application so that your details can be removed from your previous residence.
I am moving house soon, what should I do?
Do not complete the form, leave it behind for the next residents. When you get to your new home you can register to vote online by visiting www.gov.uk/register-to-vote You will need your National Insurance number and date of birth to complete the application.