- Full Council Meeting Responses - 17 October 2018
- Children's nursery fees
- Council staff recruitment and performance appraisal
- Dog owners
- Grenfell - emotional and mental health support for people affected
- Grenfell - health needs
- Grenfell - possible soil contamination
- Housing - environmental health
- Unaccompanied asylum seeking children
- Wornington College
Response to question about Cyclists, raised at the Full Council Meeting on 17 October 2018
Comments made by Anne Ferguson
Anne Ferguson spoke at the Council meeting on 17 October 2018 about irresponsible cyclists.
The Council actively promotes safe, responsible cycling through the provision of free one-to-one training for people who live, study or work in the borough. We have trained almost 3,000 adults in the past three years. The training provides advice on where cycling is (and is not) permitted, and how cyclists should interact with pedestrians, including on shared use paths.
We recognise that some people break the laws when cycling, and the police have carried out various initiatives to educate cyclists. We pass on details to the police if we are aware of any particular places where this is a problem.