Mayor of London and London Assembly elections 6 May 2021
The Mayor of London and London Assembly elections will take place on Thursday 6 May 2021. Polling stations will be open from 7am to 10pm.
Register to vote
Visit GOV.UK to register to vote.
The deadline to register to vote in time for the Mayor of London and London Assembly elections is Monday 19 April 2021.
To vote in these elections you must:
- be registered to vote
- be at least 18 years old on the day of the elections
- be a British citizen, a European Union citizen or a Commonwealth citizen who has or does not require leave to remain in the UK
Remember, being registered with the council for services and paying council tax will not automatically include you on the electoral register.
British citizens living overseas can’t vote in the Mayor of London and London Assembly elections.
- Monday 19 April 2021 - deadline to register to vote
- 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021 - deadline for new postal vote applications and for changes to existing postal or proxy votes
- 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021 - deadline for receiving new applications to vote by proxy (not postal proxy or emergency proxy)
A proxy is a person who votes on behalf of another voter. The proxy must be eligible to vote at these elections.
Polling day takes place on Thursday 6 May 2021 from 7am to 10pm.
Apply for a postal or proxy vote
Please Visit How to vote - GOV.UK, this will provide information on postal and proxy voting methods.
To ensure your safety polling stations will have:
- hand sanitiser
- floor markings
- face masks
- limited numbers in the polling station.
For general information on the elections, health and safety at the polling stations and how to vote, visit the London Elects website.
Visit the London Elects website to download the nomination packs.