- Register to vote
- Annual Canvass 2020
- Invitation to Register FAQs
- Who can register to vote
- Voting by post or proxy
- Voting registration forms in other languages
- Proof of identity
- Anonymous registration
- Adults with learning disabilities
- Movers and renters
- New to UK
- Transient renters and communal residences
- Young adults or 16-17 year-olds
- Public inspection of the full Register of Electors
- Registering to vote FAQs
- Privacy Notice for Electoral Services
- Further information
- Contact Electoral Services
Busy studying? It won’t take long to make sure you don’t lose your vote.
The registration system is changing and you may need to register to vote. It’s quick and easy to do and you can do it online.
You need to be registered in order to be able to vote. Voting is an important right that allows you to have your say in how things are run. Many students are missing from the register, which means that they are unable to vote and unable to have this say. It’s your right and responsibility to ensure that you are registered.
What do I need to do?
If you weren’t registered previously, you can register under the new system at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
You can register at your term time address and/or at the place that you live outside of term time