- Full Council Meeting Responses - 20 June 2018
- Decision-making by the Council
- Engagement with Residents’ Associations in North Kensington
- Grenfell Tower tragedy response
- Grenfell Tower tragedy response - communications
- Grenfell Tower tragedy response - emotional and mental health support for people affected
- Grenfell Tower tragedy response - Independent Adjudicator
- Grenfell Tower tragedy response - rehousing
- Housing - houses in multiple occupation
- Kensington Aldridge Academy
- Kensington Aldridge Academy - emotional well-being services
- Publicity for Council meetings
Question by Kerdesan Gallardo
- Appears at 00:11:45 in Council Meeting Webcast on 20 June 2018
The schedule of Council and Committee Meetings is agreed by full Council at least several months in advance (and dates are currently set up to 31 October 2018). You can browse the calendar of meetings and our database of committee papers on the Committees page. A poster showing upcoming meeting dates is displayed at all Borough Libraries and can be circulated regularly to any community group or individual who’d like to receive it.
We also promote Full Council and Leadership Team meetings via the Council’s social media accounts in the lead-up to meetings, during and afterwards. They are also webcast ‘live’. In addition, and importantly, agendas and reports for all Council, committee and Leadership Team meetings are published on the Committees page, at least a week in advance of each meeting.
At the July meeting of the Leadership Team (11 July) and Full Council (18 July) there was a report with the Council’s response to an independent review of the way it takes its decisions. This will include a range of other opportunities for people to have their say.
We have a very full programme of meetings – and will be having more - and it’s not possible to write to all residents before each meeting. We do however recognise that we can always do more to get our message out: we are very keen to hear other suggestions in relation to publicising meetings and we are looking at ways to make it easier for people to find this information on our website. We could for example send an email alert at the point we publish the agenda for any particular committee for example – and if you’d be interested in this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which committees are of most interest to you.