- Your Council Tax and Business Rates for 2021-22 and our performance and spending plans
- Council Tax for 2021-22
- Garden square levies for 2021-22
- Who pays the Council Tax?
- Council Tax discounts, exemptions, disabled relief scheme and care leavers
- Paying your Council Tax and contact details
- The Council Tax banding system and appeals
- Council Tax Reduction
- Business Rates for 2021-22
- RBKC’s Budget and Council Tax Requirement for 2021/22
- The Council’s Services – A Snapshot
- Greater London Authority
- Crossrail Business Rate Supplement (BRS)
- Western Riverside Waste Authority
- London Pensions Fund Authority
- Environment Agency
- Contacting the Council
Council Tax for 2021/22
As the local Council, Kensington and Chelsea provides schools, social services, youth services and libraries, waste collection and street cleaning, leisure services, parks, parking and many other local services. Most of the council tax we collect from you is to pay for services and further details are set out within.
- For 2021/22 the Council has chosen to increase the main element of Council Tax by 1.99% and to charge an additional 3% precept to fund Adult Social Care (ASC).
- The Council also collects money through Council Tax on behalf of the Greater London Authority (GLA).
- This year the ASC precept is £84.58 and the GLA is charging £363.66 for each Band D property.
|Band D Council Tax for 2020-21||£904.76||£332.07||£1,236.83|
|Increase in RBKC Council Tax 1.99%||£18.04||£18.04|
|Increase in Adult Social Care Precept 3%||£27.14||£27.14|
|Increase in GLA Precept 9.5%||£31.59||£31.59|
|Band D Council Tax for 2021-22||£949.94||£363.66||£1,313.60|
Council tax by property band for 2021-22
The following table shows the breakdown of how much council tax is payable for each band of property for 2021-22. For some properties the Council also collects garden square levies. The GLAs explanation of its spending and tax can be found on the Greater London Authority and other services page.
|Band||Kensington and Chelsea||ASC Precept||Total RBKC Council Tax||Greater London Authority||Total Council Tax|