Community Leadership Programme
The first Community Leadership Programme (CLP1) was established as part of the Grenfell Recovery Strategy to support local residents and contribute towards North Kensington’s community-led recovery.
As part of the CLP1, the Council partnered with a variety of voluntary sector organisations to provide a free programme of workshops that aimed to help residents strengthen their knowledge and gain new skills.
You can find out more about how residents benefitted from these workshops by watching this short video about our Wellbeing Coaching Course that was hosted by The Venture Centre.
We have now come to the end of the CLP1 and are working closely with the Resident-led Panel to co-design the CLP2, which will be rolled out later this year.
Information about the CLP2 will be uploaded onto this webpage once finalised.
Our Resident-led Panel
Following a recruitment drive, we now have nine residents from North Kensington that sit on the CLP and GPF Resident-led Panel.
The Panel was created after months of engagement with residents where they requested greater transparency over how money was allocated for both the Grenfell Projects Fund and the Community Leadership Programme. Those who joined the Panel are:
- Sharing their personal experiences of both GPF1 and CLP1
- Shaping the GPF2 grants programmes and CLP2 community commissioning processes
- Co-designing the GPF2 grant application and assessment processes
- Observing, monitoring and quality assuring the GPF2 grants programme and CLP2 commissioning process
- Evaluating both the GPF2 and CLP2
- Receiving training to help them fulfil their roles