In July 2018 the Council committed to supporting the wider community in its recovery following the Grenfell tragedy. Stronger Communities was the Council's community engagement initiative launched to understand the communities' priorities for recovery. The results of this engagement have been incorporated into the Grenfell Recovery Strategy which was approved January 2019.
We are continuing to support the Wider Grenfell Rehousing Policy residents who are still in temporary homes to move back home or into other suitable accommodation.
Malton Road Early Help Team
The Malton Road Team continues to work with the wider community providing a ‘client led’ support package to meet identified needs. The team includes workers who have a wealth of knowledge and experience of local partners and resources and uses the Systemic Model of delivery to work with families, using their training and skills to support and empower families to make positive changes.
Workers within the Malton Road Team have all been involved in the Grenfell response from the beginning and use their specialist skills and experience to focus on residents who may benefit from longer term support. Workers are using their local relationships with schools, children’s centres, FACES employability service, community and voluntary sector providers to ensure residents have a holistic package of support that meets their needs.
Latimer Community Art Therapy (LCAT)
LCAT provide a range of community-based therapeutic and respite support. This includes art therapy across community locations.
The service is currently delivering after school support in North Kensington which was identified by the local community as a priority.
The following information will help you access the services and find out more information:
Henry Dickens Court Community Centre, 104 St Ann’s Road, W11 4BU – Monday to Saturday 10am to 8pm. Please email email@example.com for more information
For information about sessions at other locations please contact LCAT on www.lcat.org.uk
Together for Grenfell
This project was established with a number of providers working together to create flexible, adaptable and culturally sensitive mental health services.
The project is delivered by the following providers who have established a range of culturally appropriate services to engage people who may not normally use mainstream provision:
- Al-Manaar Muslim Cultural Heritage Centre, 244 Acklam Road, W10 5YG – Monday to Sunday, 10am to 6pm. For more information call 020 8964 1496 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Midaye Somali Development Network, 7 Thorpe Close, W10 5XL – Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm
- Making Communities Work and Grow (MCWG), 19 Golborne Road, W10 5NY – Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm and Thursday to Saturday, 7pm to 10pm
Enhanced emotional support in schools
The services are helping to strengthen school-based emotional support for pupils affected by the Grenfell Tower tragedy. They include counselling, emotional support, and art and play therapies.
They are delivered by five organisations:
- The Art Room
- The Catholic Children's Society
- Latimer Community Art Therapy (LCAT)
- Working with Men
Kids on the Green (KOTG)
KOTG are a grass roots, community response to the immediate trauma and need of the Grenfell tragedy. They deliver a variety of creative sessions to children and parents.
This has been delivered flexibly in a number of locations across North Kensington with specialisms in using circus skills, music, drama and art to support wellbeing and self-care. The organisation currently operates from a Council building on Latimer Road.
You can access the service from Unit 12 Latimer Road, W10 6RG on the following dates and times:
- Monday - 9.30am to 1pm - Stay and Play and 6pm to 9pm - Youth music sessions
- Tuesday - 3.30pm to 9pm - After school sessions
- Wednesday - 9.30am to 1pm - Stay and Play, 2pm to 3pm - Yoga (adults only) and 3.30pm to 9pm - After school sessions
- Thursday - 3.30pm to 9pm - After school sessions
- Friday - 9.30am to 1pm - Stay and Play and 3.30pm to 9pm - After school sessions
- Saturday - 1.30pm to 6pm - Themed sessions
- Sunday - 12pm to 5pm -Themed sessions