Health Link Team
Health Link Team
We are a social work service funded by the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. We are part of a multi-disciplinary team and are based at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
Who we help
We provide a social work service to children and families who live in South Kensington and Chelsea.
This includes children who:
- are receiving hospital treatment (including outpatients) and attending the Accident and Emergency Department
- who have been an inpatient in Chelsea and Westminster Hospital for over three months
And women who are:
- expecting a baby or have just given birth
- expecting a baby and who are booked with the Community Midwives Team in South Kensington and Chelsea
We also support parents with a baby on the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
If you live outside the borough and you or your child are receiving inpatient treatment, we will help with your immediate problem and put you in touch with your local Family Services office.
For inpatients, we try to respond to requests for social work help on the same day.
What we do
The kind of difficulties we can help with includes:
- personal and family relationship problems
- emotional and practical problems
- issues on disabilities and illness
- children whose behaviour causes concern or they are at risk of harm
If you need advice and support you can telephone the Health Link Team yourself on 020 3315 1316.
Your doctor, nurse or midwife can make a referral on your behalf by emailing FCSHealthLinkCWHospital@rbkc.gov.uk.
If health professionals are worried about the welfare of your children they may have a duty to refer them to Health Link Team.
How to find us
We are based at -
Chelsea & Westminster Hospital
369 Fulham Road
Last updated: 29 November 2019