What can I do to keep my block fire safe?
There is large amount of advice and guidance available online. London Fire Brigade is an excellent source of fire safety information.
For Kensington and Chelsea, there are several particularly relevant points for the local area.
- If you live in a residential block, make sure communal doors and front entrance doors are not wedged open
- Please keep paths, corridors and communal areas clear of objects, like bikes, scooters and buggies or litter.
- Please familiarise yourself with your fire escape routes
- If you own a vehicle, please also consider where you park to help fire fighters respond to 999 calls:
- avoid parking close to estate fire gates, entrances and exits
- leave enough space for larger vehicles to pass your vehicle
- park within parking bay markings and in a straight line
- park as close to the curb as possible
- never park over a fire hydrant - look out for an 'H' with a yellow background
- never park in front of a dry riser - look out for a red box next to an estate block entrance which says 'Dry riser'
- If you have concerns about fire safety in your estate, or if you see anything that may pose a fire risk, such as rubbish in corridors or bad parking, please contact the Housing Management Customer Service Centre on 0800 137 111.
If you live on the Lancaster West Estate please report to staff at Baseline Studios during office hours on 07710 053437 or 07710 053431, or call 0800 137 111 outside of working hours.