The National Debtline is a national telephone helpline for people with debt problems in England, Scotland and Wales. The service is free, confidential and independent.
- contact by phone on 0808 808 4000
- or visit the National Debtline website
Advice UK is a UK network of advice and information agencies.
- contact by phone on 020 7469 5700
- or visit the Advice UK website
StepChange is a charity helping people who are in debt through free, independent information and advice.
- contact by phone on 0800 138 1111
- or visit the StepChange website
Shelter offers free confidential advice on housing, debt and welfare benefits.
- contact the housing advice helpline on 0808 800 4444
- or visit Shelter's website
Payplan provides a free debt management service to people with debt problems.
- contact by phone on 0800 716 239
- or visit Payplan's website
Capitalise Debt Advice
Capitalise is a London-wide partnership that aims to improve the lives of Londoners who are experiencing or at risk of debt. It is led by Toynbee Hall in East London, but has partners in the Royal Borough.
- visit the Capitalise website
Principles in Finance
Principles in Finance is a non-profit training organisation based in the borough which provides free training to help people to manage their incomes.
Money Advice Service
This is an independent advice service set up by Government.
- contact by phone on 0300 500 5000
- or visit the Money Advice Service website
Citizens Advice offers information on a wide range of issues including money and debt.
- contact by phone on 0844 826 9708
- visit the Citizens Advice website for online advice and details of local services in the borough
Nucleus Legal Advice
Local advice centre with specialist debt counsellors and money advisers.
- contact by phone on 020 7373 4005
- visit the Nucleus website
If you are finding it difficult to manage financially, there are a number of organisations that may be able to help you with essential items. Visit the Help and Advice pages for more information.