Before you buy or sell a leasehold property, your solicitor may request information about the property. If this is the case, we will provide them with a resale information pack, which includes the following information:
- the last three years certified service charge accounts
- an up-to-date statement of your service charge account
- a copy of the current service charge estimate
- copies of s.20 notices and/or s.20B notices about major works (if any)
- planned five year major works estimate
- deed of covenant
- fire risk assessment common parts
- asbestos survey
- building insurance policy and schedule – this will be sent separately from our insurance team but is covered in the cost of the resale pack
- copy of the lease
The charge of £250.00 plus VAT (£300.00) is the standard charge for delivery to you, which we will try to deliver to you within 10 working days on our receipt of your payment. Alternatively, we can offer you faster delivery of the package within three working days for £300.00 plus VAT (£360.000).
The two solicitors acting for you will use the information above to decide who pays for what. They agree these matters between themselves, and the landlord (the Council) has no involvement.
We advise all buyers and vendors of leasehold properties to obtain this information pack.