Living in supported accommodation
If you have been successful in moving into supported housing, the support staff will draw up a support plan with you. It is important that you work with the staff towards meeting the goals set out in the plan. This will help you to develop the life skills to move towards independent living in the future. It could include things such as:
- learning a range of life skills such as cooking, cleaning and budgeting
- managing all aspects of your home so as not to put you at risk of losing it
- advice and assistance on housing options including a move into independent accommodation in the future
- maximising income and budgeting skills
- registering with a GP and other health services
- accessing education, training and employment opportunities
- practical, social and emotional support.
- accessing services in the local community, such as social and leisure activities
There will also be a chance for you to get involved and have a say in how supported housing is commissioned and run in Kensington and Chelsea. There are regular forums for people who use our services, focus groups and training.