Private renting

These pages offer advice on looking for rented accommodation, and suggestions on where to look, as well as ways the Council can help tenants in the private rented sector.

Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms Regulations

Information about the new Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms Regulations.

Deposit protection scheme

Find out how all deposits (for rent up to £25,000 per annum) taken by landlords and agents for assured shorthold tenancies in England and Wales are protected by an authorised tenancy deposit scheme.

Energy performance certificates

All homes bought, sold or rented require an energy performance certificate.

Finding rented accommodation

Tips to help you avoid disappointment while looking for rented accommodation in the Royal Borough, and advice on how to stay safe.

Tenancy Relations Service

The Tenancy Relations Service is provided by the Council for the benefit of private sector landlords, tenants and leaseholders who own properties or live in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea

Debt advice

If you would like advice or information regarding debt, here you will find some agencies that may be able to help you.

Advice agencies

Information on voluntary organisations and charities which provide independent housing advice, in addition to that provided by the Council.