School-based vacancies in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
Schools largely manage their own recruitment by displaying vacancies on their own website. Unless advised otherwise in the advertisement, please follow the appropriate school link for further information about the job and for details about how to apply.
Midday Meals Supervisor – Oxford Gardens Primary School
- £21,231 pro rata
- Term time only – 38 weeks
- Closes on 1 November 2019 at noon
The Governors of this successful school in North Kensington, are seeking to appoint a Mid-day Meals Supervisor to work as part of a team monitoring and encouraging the children to behave appropriately and play happily and safely in the playground.
The role requires someone who is committed, caring, can take responsibility, is flexible and is self-sufficient as well as able to work as part of an experienced team.
Your application should demonstrate and include evidence of:
- Previous experience working with children in a formal capacity and being a positive role model.
- The ability to work with and under the guidance of colleagues as part of a team and as well as independently.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory employment references, identity and safeguarding checks and will be probationary for one term.
For an application form please e-mail email@example.com
- Shortlisting: Monday 4 November 2019
- Interview Date: Thursday 7 November 2019
Class Teacher – Barlby Primary School
- Inner London Mainscale
- Required for January 2020
- Initially for 2 terms- permanent contract likely
- Closes on 6 November 2019
Barlby is a highly successful, vibrant community school in North Kensington. We are very proud of our children and their achievements.
We are seeking to recruit an energetic teacher with a passion for learning. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a friendly and hardworking staff team. The teacher appointed will have an enthusiastic and positive approach and there is good scope for professional development.
The post on offer is open to experienced teachers.
We can offer you a warm and welcoming school environment, with happy children and staff. We are in an exciting phase of our development currently building a new primary alongside the first special school in RBKC. Our Governors, parents and wider community are very supportive. In return, you will be able to maintain high standards of teaching, learning and professionalism.
This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and an Enhanced DBS will be undertaken before an appointment is confirmed.
Please contact the school office on 020 8969 3988 to arrange a visit or for further information.
- Interview date: 11th November 2019
Learning Together Hand in Hand to Be the Best We Can Be.
Teaching Assistant - St Mary's Catholic Primary School
- £22,800 - £23,211 (pro rata)
- 8:30am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday (term time only)
- closes on Friday 1 November at 12:00 noon
- interviews will be week commencing 4 November
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is an extremely happy, welcoming and successful primary school. We are a friendly multi-cultural and inclusive two form entry school in North Kensington, with a strong community feel. We have a strong ethos that celebrates the achievements of all pupils and staff alike.
The role will involve working with pupils delivering programmes of work, care and support, to enable access to learning , under the instruction/guidance of teaching staff, and participating in the creation and supervision of active playtimes/lunchtimes and to provide first aid.
The ideal candidate will have experience of Read, Write and in delivering English interventions.
Key skills and experience you will need:
- an ability to build good working relationships with both pupils and adults
- good organisational skills
- flexibility and creativity
- enjoy working with children
- good literacy and numeracy skills (level 2 and above)
- ability to manage groups of pupils and deal with challenging behaviour
- patience and a sense of humour
- in some jobs it could be useful if you have IT skills or are fluent in local community languages
We offer a friendly and thriving school environment, a great team of staff and a commitment to continuing professional development.
Application forms and further details are available from the St Mary's Catholic Primary School website.
Completed application form should be returned to: Mrs J Cootes SBM.
- Interviews: week beginning 4 November.
As we are committed to promoting equal opportunities, only applications submitted on the Catholic Education Service application form will be considered.
St Mary's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all learners. The post holder will require an enhanced DBS before an appointment is confirmed.
Please contact: Lumina Herman Admin Officer to arrange a tour.
Learning Support Assistant (LSA) – Fox Primary School
- £18,166 per annum
- 33 hours per week, term time only
- immediate start
- closing on Friday 25 October at 12 noon
Fox Primary School is looking to appoint Learning Support Assistants to support children in our school. This may include working with children with special educational needs. We have a large, highly-dedicated team, who are very welcoming to new staff.
Why work with us?
- we are an outstanding school and are involved in a number of local and national educational projects
- we are a vibrant, multicultural and inclusive city school that has a positive, diverse community and a determination that all children will succeed
- we are a hardworking, friendly team, dedicated to providing the best possible education for our children
- we offer a comprehensive range of CPD for all our staff
- we are excited about education and pedagogy and want to make a real difference to our children, their families and our community
- our children are exceptionally well behaved and love to learn
- we are an inner-city school located in the heart of Notting Hill with excellent tube and bus links.
The Ideal candidates are: committed, hardworking, energetic, flexible and be able to use their own initiative.
The school and the local authority are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect to share this commitment.
Apply on the Fox Primary School website. All completed applications to be returned via email.
- Interview date: Thursday 31 October 2019.
This position requires the postholder to hold an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check before an appointment is confirmed.
A list of School websites in Kensington and Chelsea
- Ark Brunel
- Avondale Park
- Christ Church CE
- Earl's Court Free School Primary
- Holy Trinity CE
- Kensington Primary Academy
- Oratory RC
- Our Lady of Victories RC
- Oxford Gardens
- Park Walk
- St Barnabas and St Philip's CE
- St Charles RC
- St Clement and St James CE
- St Cuthbert with St Matthias CE
- St Francis of Assisi RC
- St Joseph's RC
- St Mary RC Primary
- St Mary Abbots CE
- St Thomas' CE
- Servite RC
- Thomas Jones
Children's Centres and Nursery School