General Teaching Information

In this section:

 Graduate Teacher Programme

You need to be employed by a Royal Borough school in order to access this programme. You can enquire about completing the GTP in the Royal Borough by contacting our schools directly and including a copy of your CV. For a list of schools and contact details visit our Schools page

Many Royal Borough Schools work in partnership with London South Bank University (LSBU) to provide high quality training, development and support for GTPs. Colleagues can apply to the LSBU once a school position has been secured. At the end of the year, successful colleagues will be awarded Qualified Teacher Status.

LSBU is our Designated Recommended Body (DRB). The contact details are as follows:

Janet Ramdeo, Employment Based Routes (EBR) Director.

London South Bank University, Education department, 108 Borough Road, London SE1 0AA


Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for further information.

Applying for experienced teacher posts

For all teaching positions please use the jobs database search for current vacancies Kensington and Chelsea Jobs search page. If you have question about applying for positions in the borough please refer to tour FAQs page.

Statutory NQT Induction time limits

There is no longer a statutory time limit on Newly Qualified Teachers undertaking induction after the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). However, it is advisable for NQTs to do this as soon as possible following qualification, as there is a five year limit from the date of award of QTS for teachers working on short term contracts in maintained schools. Induction should be undertaken if an NQT will be employed in a suitable post for a minimum of one term or longer, as induction can be undertaken in minimum blocks of one term.​

Work Experience Placements

To apply for a work experience placement please contact the schools directly - it is essential that if you have not recently undertaken an enhanced CRB check that you do this beforehand. Find out more on the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) website.

Visit our List of Schools page to find contact information for our schools.