Skip to main content

Dance and Drama Awards: funding for students

If you are aged 16 to 23 and show talent and a likelihood to succeed in the industry, you could get a Dance and Drama Award (DaDA) to help with fees and living costs at one of 17 private dance and drama schools.

Apply direct to the dance and drama school you want to go to. Tell them you want to apply for a DaDA.

The amount you get depends on:

  • your household income
  • where you live and study

Download the national scales to find out how much you could get.


You must be a resident of the UK or an EU country.

To get help with fees you must either have:

  • been living in the UK or EU for 3 continuous years immediately before the start of your course
  • indefinite leave to remain in the UK or settled status

You can only get help with living costs if you’re from England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.

For more information or to apply, visit:

Dance and Drama Awards: funding for students (external site)

Last Updated 01/11/2022

Share your feedback on this page

Please provide feedback on our website. Try to include any constructive suggestions for improvements and we will do our best to incorporate them.

rating button