COVID-19 - Transition support
Transition resources and templates for school staff and SENCOs
Bi-borough Transitions Toolkit (Early Years to Primary)
The Bi-borough Transitions Toolkit for Early Years can be used as a guide to your transition processes and can inform your policies and procedures. This document contains information and advice that settings can share with their staff. There are elements to the toolkit:
The Bi-borough Childcare and Early Education Service held a meeting for EYFS Leads and SENCOs on Thursday 11 June. The key documents from this are available below:
- Council for Disabled Children - Transitions for disabled children and children with SEN (from CDC Early Years Toolkit)
- National Education Union - Supporting learning in the summer term
- Big School Bear - COVID-19 Parent Leaflet
- Big School Bear - COVID-19 Pre-school Leaflet
- Big School Bear - COVID-19 School Leaflet
- Lancashire Professional Development Service - COVID-19 - EYFS - Setting up Enabling Environment to Support the return to the classroom
- Leeds City Council - Top Tips for Helping Autistic Children Return to Educational Settings after COVID-19
Bi-borough Transitions Toolkit (Primary to Secondary)
The Bi-borough Transitions Toolkit for Primary to Secondary is aimed to assist teachers and parents / carers working with children and young people with SEND to support their thinking around periods of transition. It should be applied alongside 'Transition, Recovery and Learning in the Aftermath of a Pandemic' which has been produced by the the Educational Psychology Service for Primary Phase and Secondary Phase as well as information shared by the Bi-borough Training and Outreach Service on preparing SEND students for going back to school.
Transition Report Template (Primary to Secondary)
An agreed transition report template has been produced to help to standardise the way that schools can capture information to be passed to secondary schools.
Transition resources for parents
Home Learning Pack
A home learning pack has been produced to support families to have discussions around transition and record these for a child's new school.
Further resources for parents
You can also click this link for a document containing some useful links to resources to support parents with transition activities with their child.