Early Years Consultancy Service
The Early Years Consultancy Service is made up to early years advisory teachers and early years development officers. The team provides specialist support to all our childcare providers (including children’s centres) within the maintained, private, voluntary and independent sectors.
The Early Years consultants provide support based on a triage method of assessment, this means that they conduct an annual assessment of each provider and then, in partnership with the provider, agree whether they require level one, two or three support.
The consultants provide bespoke support to providers enabling them to continually improve their delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage, the learning environment and leadership and management.
Their aim is to:
- equip early years settings and schools to be high quality providers of care and education in which all children can flourish and achieve
- ensure that all practitioners understand and apply their knowledge of how young children develop and learn
- ensure early years settings and schools put the young child, their family and wider community at the heart of the learning process
- be advocates for appropriate early years practice which recognises the importance of the child’s stage of development and has high expectations for all children to reach their potential
They offer a range of advice, guidance, training and support related to Early Years Foundation Stage:
- leadership and management issues
- birth to three good practice
- good practice for children 3-5
- Special Education Needs
- equality and diversity
- working with parents
- training and qualifications