We believe that the future success for our children will depend on their confidence and ability to learn effectively in our rapidly-changing world. At The Square School, we believe in teaching children “how to learn” and focus on helping them acquire the skills needed to learn through their own discoveries. The Square School is still based on the Montessori method of teaching, which encourages each child to develop their own natural desires and to learn at their own individual pace. We encourage and develop each child’s self-confidence, concentration and independence. Our curriculum is based on the Early Years Learning Goals covering these areas: Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication, Language and Literacy, Mathematical Development, Knowledge and Understanding of the world, Physical Development and Creative Development.
With our guidance, each child will:
- Grow to love learning
- Discover and perfect their unique learning style
- Successfully master school readiness skills
- Develop into confident life long learners
- Have a balance of appropriate school readiness skills
- Have had their learning strengths and needs identified
- Be confident and successful in social situations
- Respect the property of others
- Appropriately share classroom materials
- Develop appropriate interdependent skills.