For users who find it difficult to get to the library we offer the Home Library Service to bring the library to you.
You can request the following as part of this service:
- any books from our lending library collections, including large print books
- music items
- talking books
- information requests, such as reference and information enquiries
Home Library Service members do not pay to borrow music and talking books - nor do you incur fines for overdue items.
You will receive an initial fact-finding visit from one of our staff to find out your reading tastes.
Who is the service for?
You can apply to join the Home Library Service if you live in the Royal Borough and are:
- a carer
- a person with disabilities
- an older/elderly person who finds getting about difficult
You can also apply on a temporary basis if you live in the Royal Borough and:
- you are recovering from an accident that has left you temporarily immobile
- you are looking after someone which makes leaving the house difficult
- you find it difficult during the winter months to get out and about
How often does the Home Library Service visit?
Once you are a member of the Home Library Service you will be visited every four weeks. The day and time we visit you is arranged when you apply. Items are loaned to you for four weeks, but can be renewed when we visit if needed.
How can I apply?
You can apply in person or someone can apply on your behalf. Please phone us on 020 7361 3010 or email Libraries@rbkc.gov.uk to apply.
We need to know the following when applying for the service:
- your name
- your address and contact phone number - if you are applying on behalf of someone else we would also like your name and contact details
- your reason for applying
- whether you are you applying for a temporary or permanent service
- your library membership number if known