The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Disabled Children’s Service is provided by four teams who work closely together: the Social Work Team, the Short Breaks Team, the Behavioural and Family Support Team and St Quintin's Disabled Children's Centre.
The Social Work Team
The Disabled Children’s Team provides specialist social work services to disabled children and their families. Services include:
- Child Safeguarding Services
- Services to Looked After Disabled Children
- Assessments to access support packages for children with complex needs
They can be contacted through the Disabled Children's Team Duty Social Worker by emailing FCSChildrenwithDisabilities@rbkc.gov.uk or calling 0207 598 4921
The Short Breaks Team (a Bi Borough Service)
This team is made up of key workers, occupational therapists a Bi- Borough Direct Payments Officer and a Bi – Borough Inclusion Officer. Services include:
- Parenting Interventions/workshops/group work
- Occupational therapy - If you need an assessment of your child’s ability to manage daily activities at home, and think they may benefit from equipment or adaptations to the home to help them and you do things more easily and safely, contact the social care occupational therapists based with the Disabled Children’s and Short Breaks Teams, to discuss your needs. You can contact Kate Young at firstname.lastname@example.org or Nicola Campbell at email@example.com or phone 0207 598 4921 to ask for a referral form which can be completed by anyone, with the child and/or parent’s permission.
- Short breaks - Care for a disabled child to give parents a break
You can contact the Short Breaks Team via the Front Door Service by emailing biboroughhealthnotifications@RBKC.gov.uk or calling 07925 894176.
The Behaviour and Family Support Team
This is a specialist Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service team.
- Advice and guidance
- Prescription medication
- Support for families regarding their disabled child’s behavior, needs and specific areas of care
You can contact them by emailing FCSBehaviourFamilySupport@rbkc.gov.uk or calling 0207 598 4911.
St Quintins Disabled Children’s Centre
This is a specialist play service for children with a disability.
This service includes:
- Play schemes after school, weekends and school holidays
- Stay and play for families
- Summer holidays and family day trips
You can contact the centre by emailing Rupert Taylor on firstname.lastname@example.org on 0208 969 2570.