Amy Garvey House is a supported living project based in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea for young adults with a mild learning disability, physical disabilities and/or mental health issues looking to move on to independent living. Ideally customers stay in the project for about two years to gain the required skills that allow them to live independently and then move onto independent living.
The project consists of 11 self-contained flats, a communal space and kitchen, a small courtyard for gardening activities and a laundry room. The building is staffed 24/7.
The team is employed by Look Ahead Care and Support and paid for via a contract with the local authority. Using personal budgets, customers can choose to have all of their care and support provided by Look Ahead Care and Support, or you can choose another agency/individual to provide some aspects of your care. Areas of support at Amy Garvey includes:
- Set goals and make informed choices
- Manage personal care
- Go shopping and attend appointment
- Build daily living skills including laundry, cooking, managing their finances and tenancy
- Manage risks positively
- Join in group activities at the services; and
- Engage in social activities in the community