Full of Life’s Carer's Advocacy Service supports parent carers of adults with a learning disability. The service ensures that parent carers know their rights and the rights of the person they care for.
Parents are empowered and supported to continue their life long role as a parent carer. The service provides independent practical support, advice and information on the following:
- Issues relating to Social Services, such as Carer’s Assessments, Needs Assessments and Access to Services
- Support with Transtion from Children to Adult Services
- Education Service (16 plus)
- General information and advice relating to benefits and housing
- Form filling (Benefits, grants and applications)
- Support attending meetings/reviews
- Complaints (support/advice)
- Liaising with services and professionals to access the best support for families.
- Provides a quarterly newsletter for parent carers
The Carer's Advocacy Service also works to ensure that parent carers and their families are at the heart of service development.