The Full of Life Centre for Young People offers a specialist service operating 6 days a week focusing on communication and personal development. We work closely with the young person, families and specialists to deliver the following aims:
- To help prepare and guide young people through their transition into adult life- helping each person reach their full potential and gain maximum independence.
- To develop each young person’s communication skills in order for them to be able to understand information and express their wants and needs enabling them to make choices.
- To build confidence by promoting self -worth and encouraging self-awareness.
- To help young people develop positive relationships and interactions with others within the service and the wider community.
- To ensure that each young person has a purpose and is actively involved in the wider community and society as a whole.
- To improve the overall wellbeing and happiness of each young person.
At Full of Life Young people are encouraged to make choices and develop skills through a range of activities and shared experiences with one to one support.
The Day service operates Monday- Friday and focuses on communication, learning and personal development. The service is person centred, with each young person’s timetable of activities and programmes being built around their individual preferences and needs. Their communication, life skills and behaviour is supported and developed, with individual targets being set and monitored.
The young people take part in a variety of group and 1:1 activities and programmes both onsite and in the local community. These include: Cooking, Drama, Arts and Craft, Zumba, Yoga, Music therapy, Music sessions, Film, Sports, Cycling, gym sessions, individualised life skill building. In addition to this the service also helps young people access other services that promote their overall health and wellbeing including hydrotherapy, dental services and hospital appointments.
The service also supports young people to participate in accredited ASDAN courses alongside their individual timetable of activities and looks for work experience and volunteering opportunities based on an individual’s person centred planning.
The Evening, Saturday and Holiday provisions continue this support with group based activities and trips.