The Pocklington and Thomas Huggett Apprenticeship Aid Fund Trust
The Pocklington and Thomas Huggett Apprenticeship Aid Fund Trust, provides financial support to children and young people in the Royal Borough to help them in education and training.
In order to best fulfil the objectives and spirit of the Trust, changes have been made to how we administer the funds and we will now be making available small grants targeted towards the following:
- to purchase school uniforms for their children under 18 (up to £300.00 for the first time and up to £150.00 per subsequent annual claims)
- in some cases, the provision of financial assistance for complete outfits or clothing items, to enable young people on leaving school, university, or any other education establishment to prepare for, or to assist their entry into a profession, trade or calling. This might be clothing suitable for interviews or special clothing for particular professions or trades (up to £150.00 one-off grant).
There are certain conditions that need to be met for an application to be eligible for the grant, they are:
- the applicant must be under the age of 21 years or with discretion of the Trustees, up to the age of 25 years.
- the applicant must be a resident with RBKC - parent or parents have been resident within the borough for not less than ten years or children were born within the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and still resident.
- have a financial need, either the parents/carers/young person receive entitlements such as Housing Benefit, JSA, Universal Credit, Income Support (or other similar equivalents)
Additionaly, there is support available to those who meet the age criteria and are in the care of or under the supervision of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.