We are an employment support service for people who have a learning, physical or sensory disability and live in the borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
We support people to achieve their professional goals, helping them to engage into volunteer experiences, work experiences or paid employment.
Everybody deserves to have the opportunity to learn, develop skills and live a more inclusive and integrative life. With the right support everyone can achieve their best. Balance’s mission is to enable people’s independence and to allow our clients to reach their potential.
Balance is a non profit organization which is funded by the Royal borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
What We Offer:
- 1:1 sessions with an Employment Consultant
- Person-centered action plans (goal settings & work development plans)
- Help building up confidence & independence
- Writing a CV & Personal Statement
- Help doing job search & completing job applications
- Interview support
- Contact employers on your behalf
- Set up “work trials” instead of formal interviews
- Work Experience
- In work job support & job coach
- Job adjustments
Who Can Refer?
If you are a person with a disability, you are able to self-refer to the service yourself. Alternatively, the following people can also refer:
- Carers (support workers, care coordinators, etc.)
- Parents or other family members
- Other professionals (JCP, advisors, advocates, etc.)
- First, request a referral form by contacting Kelly Duffy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07872420331.
- Provide as many details as possible in yoru referral form. Attach any relevant risk assessment or risk management plan and any kind of additional report that might help us to understand your needs.
- Return your completed referral form back to Kelly Duffy on email@example.com or 07872420331.
Who We Help (Eligibility)
Balance Supported Employment is available to people who are:
- Over 18 years old
- Resident in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- Recognized as having a learning, physical or sensory disability
- Willing and motivated about achieving professional goals (volunteering, work experience, training, paid employment etc.)